Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Beauty Everywhere

Today we went on a hike to a waterfall. The hike was beautiful. When we got to the waterfall I climbed as high as I could (while guaranteeing that I wouldn't fall and die). It was really fun and I got a great vantage point of the mountain across the way from me. As we were walking down, I said something about wanting to climb the big rock face to our right, and Derek said that would be a bad plan because the rocks are really brittle. It's crazy that something that seems so majestic and unbreakable is actually easy to crack. Really, I wonder why some mountains are brittle and others are perfect for climbing. God must've had a blast designing the mountains just deciding "oh, this one is going to be brittle" or "hey, I'm gonna through a big cluster of diamonds in the middle of this mountain." It really would be fun to design all of that.

After our hike we just hung out for a while and ate supper and then, it was bath time for the kids! Zack, Dez, and John were all three in one bathtub just having a ball. It was one of the cutest sights ever.






5 comments:

  1. O my goodness I live the bath photo. ZacH looks so big. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot our gift exchange and poems!
    Love the pictures tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. anna...i didn't want to make people jealous. and april, i know! he is so big! it's crazy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My point with that commen is that my nephew is named Zach not zack. But only the best aunt would know that so it's fine you made the mistake. :)

    ReplyDelete