Friday, January 25, 2013

Conversations

Conversation 1: Guy with a greasy mustache and toque talking to 4 other guys all around college age:
"So I was walking out of a building the other day and saw a guy standing out the door and I was like 'Hey man, how's it going?' Then the guy turns around and is like 'Do I look like a man to you?' Then I was like 'Oh sh**! Are you a woman?' But then I realized it really was a man and I was like 'what the heck?'

Conversation 2: Man around 60, and 2 college students:
Man: Oh, Redeemer? I know of it.
Boy: Really? What do you think of it?
Man: Well...(awkwardly deflects question because he has simply heard of it and didn't really know about it)
Conversation continues with formalities and eventually comes to different types of Christian beliefs and clearly disagreeing on issues such as praying to Mary and the place people hold in God's plan. Both parties are starting to get a tiny bit annoyed at this point, but they're still amiable.
Man: So how many angels do you think can fit on a pin head?
Boy: Well, since you seem to know, how about you tell me?
Man: Well I'm not getting paid to teach, how about you look it up. It's in the Bible. You could find it on your laptop.
Boy turns to computer to look it up with a semi-confused expression on his face.
Man: (to Girl) So what do you think the answer to that question is?
Both Boy and Man look at Girl expectantly.
Girl: Well, I think there are as many angels on a pin head as God decides to put on the pinhead.
Boy peers at girl with a relatively impressed expression and a hint of amusement. Man simply looks impressed.
Man: That's a very wise answer. Spoken like a true woman.

Conversation 3: Homeless guy walking from table to table asking for money to buy food for his kid and wife. He has a laminated little sign and doesn't speak because part of his story is that he's deaf.
Homeless man holds out sign to table.
Man at table: You asked me last time I was here.
Homeless man looks with a disappointed face knowing that he won't give any money only food. Persists anyway by holding sign out farther towards the man at the table.
Man at table: I can smell alcohol on your breath. I know what you'll do if I give you money.
Homeless man walks away a little angry.
Man at table looks across at the woman across from him with a look that basically said "what kind of guy begs with alcohol on his breath?"
Woman at table: Next time he comes over here, just offer to walk over to Fortino's (Canadian grocery store) with him.
Man at table: I did that last time.

People amuse me...if I hear anymore conversations that I find interesting, I might make a part 2 to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment